Monday 15 July 2013

A few hiccups, but must keep positive!

In the past few days since my first post, Let's go!, a few issues have emerged. I received my university transcript detailing the number of credits for each section of my undergraduate degree, and that's when it suddenly hit me - ECTS (European Credit Transfer Accumulation System) are only half the value of UK credits! This leaves me 15 credits short of the 90 that Gothenburg University have expressed they would like me to have in Education (the rest of my credits are in Mathematics). 

Unless I can find a course that will give me an additional 15 ECTS credits, I only have a realistic chance of studying for a masters degree at Stockholm University

Of course, I would be overjoyed to be accepted into Stockholm, but having my chances halved isn't exactly what I wanted...

Keeping Positive

My next task is to contact Gothenburg University to find out whether a TESOL course (in particular, the CELTA), which is the equivalent of a second year undergraduate degree qualification, holds any ECTS value.

...and I still have a chance of being accepted into Stockholm, because I have the relevant qualifications!


No comments:

Post a Comment