Friday 12 July 2013

Let's go!

I am hoping to move to Sweden in August 2014 to complete a masters degree in Education. I am a recent UK university graduate, and will be spending the upcoming academic year completing a PGCE (hence the lack of a personal name!)

After visiting both Gothenburg University and Stockholm University earlier this month, the two universities that offer the type of masters programme I wish to study, it was easy to see the beauty of Sweden and the trip has made me even more determined to move there.

I have created this blog in an attempt to document my dream of moving to Sweden, provide others with (hopefully) useful information and to seek  help/ information/ advice/ experiences/ tips from people who visit this page, if they are able to do so.

Since deciding to make the big move to Sweden around two months ago, things have been pretty hectic. I have had to start thinking about:

  • Learning the language (which is, in my opinion, vital for integration)
  • Finances (including postgraduate funding - HELP!)
  • Accommodation (which seems an arduous task)
  • Part-time jobs (these seem tricky to come by) 
I will discuss my progress with the above in future posts, but in the mean time please get in touch

1 comment:

  1. nice blog and very helpful - just wanted to chip and say thanks! please keep going with it. Have now found the Lund course on learning swedish on itunes..thanks for that

    ReplyDelete