Wednesday 24 July 2013

Steady progress, not much to report.

Hej!

I haven't posted for a while as things are at a standstill for the time being. Apart from continuing to learn the language, there is little to do until September when life will suddenly get very busy! In the mean time, I thought that I would post a timeline of things that I need to do in the next year:

SCHEDULE

September 2013: Begin to apply for funding
Late autumn 2013: Apply for university courses
March 2014: Receive notification of university admission/rejection
March - July 2014: Organise accommodation if successful

The tasks of applying for funding and organising accommodation are going to be my biggest challenges (of course, being accepted into university will be tricky but unfortunately that is out of my hands!) so I would really appreciate any help that readers of this blog can offer!

In terms of accommodation, (the image is a little unrealistic I know!) my knowledge is lacking. I have a few sites bookmarked (blocket.se, easyroommate etc.) but I am really worried about actually being able to secure a room! Do I need to apply before I know whether I have a place at the university? What should I be wary of? Are there any areas to avoid? If anyone knows of any really useful websites, has any tips/advice or has a room available to rent from July/August 2014, then please get in touch! 


In terms of funding, to cut a long story short, there is little available for a UK national/resident. The only funding that I have found I am eligible for is the Leverhulme Trust, that offers approximately 20 studentships (I think!) - fingers crossed for a good application, or a miracle! Other than that, unless any of you readers know of some funding sources that I can apply to, I will have to rely on the savings that I already have and the hope that I am lucky enough to acquire a part time job. A money tree would be much appreciated at this stage!

For now, I am out of things to write! 

hej då!

No comments:

Post a Comment