Tuesday 16 July 2013

Progress with learning the language!

Hej!

My initial approach at learning the language has been somewhat unorganised, as I have used a variety of websites, programs and podcasts to get me started so far. Nevertheless, I am making progress and as it is currently the summer holidays, I am able to spend quite a lot of time practising. Here are the resources that I have used so far:

  • Rosetta Stone (so far I have completed the first two lessons - really aids memory but the speech recognition isn't very good!)
  • Podcasts - Swedish: An introductory course by Lund University (really good - find on itunes)
  • GoSwedish YouTube channel (again some useful videos - click here)
  • SwedishPod101.com (useful podcasts to listen to a full Swedish conversation - click here)

The Swedish alphabet (det svenska alfabetet)
Given that I haven't been learning Swedish for very long, I am pleased with my progress! I am quite confident that I could hold a basic introductory conversation (i.e. names, location, basic greetings) and pick up a few basic words in a sentence (such as numbers, colours etc.).

If anyone is in a similar situation at the same kind of level and would like to practise with me, feel free to contact me!
Hej då!


3 comments:

  1. Hej! Jag är försöker ocksa, vi kan vara penpalls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej! Ya, absolut!

    I have joined the community!

    Tack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can recommend two youtube sites.
    Speak Swedish stupid
    The Swedish lad

    ReplyDelete